Sunday, May 25, 2008

HE SCORES! He Shoots! ...

Last fall I had to qualify with the local Police Department in order to maintain training requirements for HR219 national concealed carry law (for police and retired police officers.) I qualified with all of my centerfire handguns, but I noted that my Kahr PM9 was shooting way too far left to be reliably effective at distances over 15 yards under the stress of combat.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to take the Kahr to the range and spend some quality time with it to get it dialed in enough to carry. Long story short, neither the gun nor I fared well. (It had to be the gun as I was shooting everything else well and I'm a trained Firearms Instructor.)

The Kahr went back to the gun dealer on Friday. I traded it for a brand new Glock M26, Trijicon night sights, two more spare magazines with Pierce grip adapters, and three boxes of ammo. While I was at the dealer, I spied something. Something very special. Something I've wanted a long time...

It's a minty Beretta Model 70S in .22 Long Rifle. It came with the box, papers, two magazines and a like new Strong pancake holster. I couldn't resist!
This morning was cool and sunny with calm winds - a day screaming "RANGE TIME!"
It took a bit of effort, but I got both guns shooting halfway decent groups at 25 yards - one helluva lot better shooting than that Kahr...



Great day at the range. I can't express the satisfaction I feel when I finally get 'em dialed in.
The shooting sports are an American Tradition - what better way to celebrate a small part of a Memorial Day weekend than exercising the rights so many gave all to preserve, protect, and defend?

I encourage you all to get out and shoot. Take a kid with you - Don't let the sports die...



M

No comments: