Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nite Ize Figure 9's...

Just prior to Practice What You Preach in April of this year, I picked up a pair of Nite Ize Figure 9's to test out. These handy little rope tighteners are designed to securely tighten up guy lines and tarp lines without having to tie knots in the lines. I know, I know - if you learn your knots you don't need gadgets like this. However, I like the ease of setup and quick tightening of lines that the INGENIOUS gadgets allow...

Care and I used the Figure 9's to set guylines for poles and to connect short pieces of line to make longer sections. We used them to hang tarps and for hanging clothes and equipment lines at every placed we camped from North Carolina to the Canadian border...

The bottom line on Nite Ize Figure 9's is that they work and work very well. On the several instances where rain had stretched lines that needed to be tightened quickly, the chore was a snap - it was quick and extremely easy to make adjustments. It also made camp set-up and tear down a heckuva lot quicker to achieve...


The small size Figure 9's shown were able to handle everything from mason's line to decoy line and to 550 cord. I like them so much that I now carry a half dozen of them attached to an S-Biner on my Timbuk2 Metro "get home bag". The added weight is unnoticeable - the Figure 9's are feather light.

I give the Nite Ize Figure 9's a double thumbs up.

Need more info? Try here: http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=29&product_id=136

M

No comments: